We all have had the same issue at one point or another in our life. Of how to go about surveying our audience and making sure that we have content that is right for them and their needs. This can be quite defeating especially in the fact that when you create your content and suddenly you hear crickets. This is one of the worst sounds you can hear when it comes to your content. This can be a result of simply forgetting to ask people what it was that they wanted to see, you neglected to survey your audience. Everything is not lost though you can simply follow these simple tips, you can redeem yourself. There are three areas that you can use to connect with your audience.
Target People on Your Subscribers List
- Let’s start this process off with looking at your list of subscribers and asking them a question via email. This is a good way to get the temperature check of what is going on and where people are currently standing on a certain issue.
- Use software to survey your audience. This one piece of advice is huge and has a lot more weight than you might otherwise expect it to have. There are several programs out there that you can use that will give you amazing results in asking your audience questions and getting feedback from them. You will be amazed at the amount of information you will be able to gain.
- When you are asking questions, it is important that you get the important ones out first. If you bog down the survey with a bunch of useless questions, then your audience will begin to drop off and you will lose interest from them.
- Putting your subscribers into different lists helps you to better understand their needs and allows you to better tailor your content to those particular people. This helps to make sure that you are not sending content on surfboards to people that are interested in dog collars.
Target People with Various Social Media
- Take advantage of the Facebook Live feature. This is a huge tool that if you use it correctly will give you instant data that you can use in real time. Unlike email where you may have to wait hours or longer for your feedback, Facebook Live is instant feedback that you can use to tailor your content to their needs.
- Conducting a pool on Twitter is another way that you can get honest real-time feedback from your audience. These are becoming more and more popular on a regular basis.
When all else fails, you can use the tried and true method of getting your feedback and that is to simply call people and ask for their comments or concerns. Another way is to look at your FAQ section and see where are the majority of questions being asked and tailor things around that. Having the right content reaching your audience is vital in getting the best results.
Here’s something to consider. Displaying content with visuals will receive almost 95% more views than say content without visuals.
When selling a product, it’s all about the visuals. No one can get anywhere without the visual. This goes for anything, especially when it comes to social media.
With this in mind, here’s a small breakdown of how important visuals really are. Along with this breakdown you will find the main benefits attached.
Along with the content, the visuals need to have a consistency about them. In other words, do not place a visual up that has nothing to do with what is being sold. There are a few checkpoints that needed to be looked over when considering the visuals that you want to use.
– Who or what is the target audience?
– What is the main age group within the target demographic?
– Who or what is going to be the main attraction?
– What does your target audience engage in the most?
– What sort of social media platforms do they gravitate to?
– What visuals captivate your audience the most?
What these ideas are nailed down. There should be no problem putting out the message, both in content and visual.
WHAT ARE THE PREFERENCES
Every channel offers different visual preferences. Be sure to fix your setting to what channel you are using. Set your goals to what the channel offers and your message. The two have to be consistent. Look over the social media channel to see what is being offered first. Pick out the best images to match the message.
The graphics have to be out of this world. They have to be something unique, something that has never been done before. Look at the intended message. Now go through what others have done before, even if they used the same visual appeal.
Now take all that has been seen and turn it around. Make the visual message into something fun and crazy, something that has not been touched on yet. This is one of the best ways to keep your company fresh and relevant. Online visuals and content change all the time. The goal is to capture the attention of your audience with something that they have never come across.
BRANDING THE IMAGE
Some sites will give the user an option of branding certain images, making it their own. If you get this chance, then do so. This is way for the image to get seen by new audiences, audiences they would never have gotten to otherwise.
Just follow the directions on how to do this on the site. Do this for the all the images you intend to keep. This way you won’t have to go back into the archives. What happens if you do go back and it’s not there? Save times this way.
ONE FINAL NOTE
Every company and user needs to think visual from day one. This is very important, because visual is very important. When beginning the process of writing think about the visual. The two need to match up. Once you have a general idea of which way to go, save and edit the information. Then, you can upload when you are ready to put things to press.
Anyone who does not consider the visuals from day one is only making more problems for themselves. Take a gold and black shiny coat. If this is what you want to sell, you need to consider a way to sell it. Take a snapshot of it and include a few small words. Less is always better when it comes to content, especially on social media. Include the right words and the right jacket, then you just sold yourself a coat.
What visual will you use as your selling point?
Social media can be a very fickle creature. There is so much out there, but not everything is an exact fit. What works for one person on social media, might not work out for you.
Where does one begin?
WHAT DIRECTION DOES YOUR BUSINESS WANT TO TAKE
The first thing everyone needs to ask themselves is this very question. What is the direction. Social media will have a direct and indirect impact on any business. Every social media platform offers some new and different. As stated above, what works for one person might not work for another.
Social media is good at doing lots of things. Some of these things include attracting and keeping customers, increasing traffic, raising brand awareness and building loyalty.
Loyalty works both ways. The clients have to feel they can trust the company. The company has to feel the client will always have their back. This brings the conversation back to the first question. Which direction is going to be the most worthwhile to take?
This is only something the individual can answer.
WHICH PLATFORM IS THE PERFECT FIT
In order to answer this question, one must look at the message they are trying to send. Look at the messages, both direct and indirect. The next step is looking at the platform that will help raise awareness for that message, and in the right way. There is both a positive and negative side effect to everything. The idea is to take the positive route.
WHAT CHANNELS DO THE CUSTOMERS TUNE INTO
This is another important aspect to think over. Take a look at the age demographic of the average customer. Take a look at what they involve themselves in. If there is a specific social media that clients look at, use this channel. It’s going to be one of the main sources of communication for both of you. Learn to use it wisely.
There are places like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google and Snapchat. However, the biggest of them all is Facebook. Facebook is the giant that started it all. All other social media platforms try to emulate what Facebook started in some fashion. Learn to use Facebook, even if it’s just for business.
If you can nab 50% of clients on Facebook, than things will work positively. The best thing to do is look at the numbers. Send out surveys. Find out where most of the business demographic is holding court at on social media. Take what you find and go to those sites. Build your brand awareness on the site, even if it’s a promotion or two.
This is where every business finds their target audience. Use it as a starting point. The numbers will begin to rise. Others will start telling their friends about the brand. The higher the numbers on social media platforms, the higher the rankings will be.
Think about it. What numbers are you looking to have?
How many have heard of the new Canva for the iPad? Users definitely need to get their hands on this one. Canva has officially begun launching this app, and already it’s creating lots of buzz.
Users who are already familiar with Canva’s work will be more than pleasantly surprised at the quality of this new app.
Let’s look at some of the amazing new features this app has in store for its users.
– The library is more than exceptional. It has over 1 million photographs to look through. Need one. Go ahead and take one to use. Early buzz with this library has been off the charts. It has images that are not available anywhere else.
– The graphics and fonts have pretty much the same suspects that have been there before. There might be a few small surprises, but it’s pretty much the same.
– The Canva dashboard has amazing familiarity. It’s so easy to use. Users who have used the dashboard before will not be let down.
– The usual layouts are still there. The same filters and tools are still there, only a bit more updated.
– The buttons are a bit bigger. This is designed for more customization and adaptability for the person.
– As soon as the app is turned on, any user can go right to the library.
– Everything can be done on the go. This also means collaborating with others. This can all be done on the phone, with just a touch of the hand.
WHAT IS THE WORD ON THE STREET ABOUT THE NEW CANVA
Early buzz for this is quite good. It’s actually better than good. Many users have found the design aspect to be better than other apps out there. It works out great for people who are at events. People who are at events need to get things done right away. This new Canva is perfect for this.
Once the person is done, all that is needed is a few edits. Everything else will take care of itself.
Everyone from business owners and designers to social media experts can use this thing. Computer geeks and programmers will also find this particularly fun to use. Get on board with Canva for the iPad today.
Trends are a funny thing, especially when it comes to social media. Some trends work out. Some do not. It looks like the year 2016 will be no different with trends. Only question remains, which social media trends are going to pass the test?
After going over a ton of new social media platforms and gimmicks, these top 3 look like they are going to be the winners.
SOCIAL MEDIA SHOPPING
How would it feel to buy something straight from a news feed? This is the way this trend works. Most of the time a person has to leave the page they are on to buy the product. Anybody can see a snapshot of a product on a page. Most time though, a person has to open up a new window to secure the item. This social media trend takes this worry out of the picture.
Places like Facebook has been teasing this idea for over a year now. It’s only been now that some have decided to take things to the next level. Just go onto the Facebook or Twitter main pages. There should be some sort of “buy now” option. Some users might have to open things up in their “call-to-action” center. It’s there. Instagram is even joining the team on this one.
This is going to be a gold mine for many people. Let’s see what happens.
SOCIAL MEDIA IS COMING TO JOIN THE WORFORCE
Facebook users get ready for this one! There is not going to be a Facebook communicative device to be used during work. Most of the time, bosses tend to frown upon the concept of work and play being combined. This time it might be a bit different.
What makes this different is that it’s being used as a communicative device. Facebook Workies going to be a place for co-workers to come and chat. It’s a place for co-workers to get updates and information on work tasks. Have a question and need an answer? Just go here.
THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT CHECK THEIR FEEDS
How many out there have feeds they never check? Most people stay in touch with instant-messaging platforms. This is what this is. There something called the WhatsApp app. Get it!
Social media apps are already a bit controversial for some individuals. They see it as a broadcast medium, which it is. Well this app is going to change the way users handle their messages.
Once the app is acquired just turn on the notifications. This way users have no excuses to not stay in touch with their feeds. With the click of a button, anybody can respond to their feeds. Check out who is looking and who is sending information.
The more users check their feeds, the more it will help to increase the sales and customers. The feeds are some of the biggest part of any business. They are also the most overlooked portion of a business. Things like WhatsApp and others sources will help to raise the bar a little bit more.
The best part is there are no ads or algorithms. How cool is that!
Users can even sign up to get the latest news on these apps. There are other benefits to using WhatsApp.
1) Users give their audiences more preferences and options when it comes to keeping in touch. Clients can actually choose which methods work best for them.
2) Users can conduct more useful surveying strategies by using this app. Users can see what tools their clients are using. As these surveys come out, strategies can be adjusted accordingly.
3) Users get live streaming, live feeds, amazing customer service and much, much more.
Which trends will you be following this year? These tops 3 should be part of the plan. Check out the links below for more information.