How to Survey Your Audience
We all have had the same issue at one point or another in our life. Of how to go about surveying our audience and making sure that we have content that is right for them and their needs. This can be quite defeating especially in the fact that when you create your content and suddenly you hear crickets. This is one of the worst sounds you can hear when it comes to your content. This can be a result of simply forgetting to ask people what it was that they wanted to see, you neglected to survey your audience. Everything is not lost though you can simply follow these simple tips, you can redeem yourself. There are three areas that you can use to connect with your audience.
Target People on Your Subscribers List
- Let’s start this process off with looking at your list of subscribers and asking them a question via email. This is a good way to get the temperature check of what is going on and where people are currently standing on a certain issue.
- Use software to survey your audience. This one piece of advice is huge and has a lot more weight than you might otherwise expect it to have. There are several programs out there that you can use that will give you amazing results in asking your audience questions and getting feedback from them. You will be amazed at the amount of information you will be able to gain.
- When you are asking questions, it is important that you get the important ones out first. If you bog down the survey with a bunch of useless questions, then your audience will begin to drop off and you will lose interest from them.
- Putting your subscribers into different lists helps you to better understand their needs and allows you to better tailor your content to those particular people. This helps to make sure that you are not sending content on surfboards to people that are interested in dog collars.
Target People with Various Social Media
- Take advantage of the Facebook Live feature. This is a huge tool that if you use it correctly will give you instant data that you can use in real time. Unlike email where you may have to wait hours or longer for your feedback, Facebook Live is instant feedback that you can use to tailor your content to their needs.
- Conducting a pool on Twitter is another way that you can get honest real-time feedback from your audience. These are becoming more and more popular on a regular basis.
When all else fails, you can use the tried and true method of getting your feedback and that is to simply call people and ask for their comments or concerns. Another way is to look at your FAQ section and see where are the majority of questions being asked and tailor things around that. Having the right content reaching your audience is vital in getting the best results.